Danube Delta arrival
and getting around
Getting around Danube Delta means generally boats transportation. You still can find few roads at the edges of National Park.
Danube Delta arrivalBy air
Nearest airports are:
- Constanta - 130 km from Tulcea
- Bucharest - 270 km from Tulcea
- Bucharest - Urziceni - Slobozia - Tulcea
Departure: Gara de Nord - 0:15 A.M.;
Arrival: Tulcea - 5:51 A.M.
- Constanta - Tulcea
Departure - 2:30 P.M.;
Arrival - 7:28 P.M.
- Bucharest - Urziceni (57 km) - Slobozia (121 km) - Tulcea (270 km)
Departure from 236 Calea Plevnei
- Constanta - Tulcea (179 km)
- Galati - Tulcea (90 km) Buses leave from I.C. Bratianu settlement, near the crossing point for the ferry
There aren't regular boats from Constanta to Sfantu Gheorghe or Sulina.
But if you have a boat... And if you can except the fact I konw nothing about navigation rules... then I'd tell you Sfantu Gheorghe, then Sulina are in the north of Constanta. Just keep the coast line.
Getting around Danube DeltaBy car from Tulcea:
- 28 km - to Mahmudia
- 35 km - to Murighiol
- 42 km - to Dunavatul de Jos
- 80 km - to Chilia Veche
- 34 km - to Gorgova
- Tulcea - Sulina; Departure: Monday,Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - 01:30 P.M.
- Sulina - Tulcea; Departure: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday - 7:00 A.M.
- Tulcea - Periprava; Departure: Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 01:30 P.M
- Periprava - Tulcea; Departure: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday - 5:00 A.M.
- Tulcea - Sf. Gheorghe; Departure: Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 01:30 P.M.
- Sf. Gheorghe - Tulcea; Departure: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday - 6:00 A.M
- Tulcea - Sulina; Departure: daily - 02:00 P.M.
- Sulina - Tulcea; Departure: daily - 7:00 A.M
Exit "Danube Delta arrival and getting around"
and return to "Exploring Romania" homepage!