Danube Delta tips
for a more safety travel
- the price of the regular Danube courses varies between 10 and 15 lei according to destination and the travel can be done by "Sageata" (a fast course taking 1 hour to Sulina) or "Passenger" (about 3 hours to Sulina and 4 hours to St. Gheorghe). See Arrival and getting around
- information centres are to be found in
Address: Str. Garii, Nr. 26, Tulcea (on Danube cliff)
Tel/fax: +40-240-519 130
Contact person: Andreea Sevastian
Address: Crisan village (Danube river's right edge, near Hotel Lebada)
E-mail: email@example.com> Contact person: Cornelia Aftodor
Address: Sulina, Str. I-a
Tel/fax: +40-240-518975, tel. +40-240-518945
Contact person: Florin Papadatu
- the trip on the Danube waters can also be done by the so-called floating hotels which move slowly and usually offer excellent housing and meal conditions.
- usually, you can fish wherever in the area except for the places that have been declared natural reservations. For more information on the topic, as well as for updating your fishing license, please address to The General Association of Hunters and Fishers (in Romanian "Asociatia Generala a Vanatorilor si Pescarilor Sportivi"- shortcut: AGVPs) in:
Address: str. Isaccei nr. 10
Contact person: Stefan Stoica or Marin Sultan
Address: Murighiol, Uzlina village
Contact person: Cornel Gaina or Silviu Neagu
- Albatros Complex
Address: Jurilovca village
Contact person: Doru Franculet or Dragomir Sonea
- also the shooting licence is a must for hunters; take it from AGVPS (see previous point) except their hunting is organized by another person/company who do this job on their account.
- when setting out on the trip, don't forget to put: rubber boots, waterproof hat and coat, cold weather clothes, blanket, mosquitoes solution, lamp, camera, jack-knife, medical kit, light tableware, seasonings and spices-if you intend to cook your recently caught fish, and bottled water (which can be found in the nearby villages shops)
- do not try to sleep outside over the night during May-June period, cause you might get in trouble because of the mosquitos' activity
- always take enough water with you; even if you're surrounded by waters it is not recommended to drink river water; if you have no other choice and still chose to do that, first separate it using the bandages from your medical kit or collect it from a high density reed area (they act like a filter) then boil it
- do not set forth on exploring unknown places without having a local-living person or a guide in your company; information centers on this matter can be found in Tulcea, Crisan and Uzlina
- the area cuisine is based on fish meals, prepared after traditional recipes according to that area. In case of fish allergies, do not forget your anti-allergic pills. Yet you can find non-fish food at the local shops and restaurants.
Exit "Danube Delta tips" and return to "Exploring Romania" homepage!