Exploring Romania Site Map
- Exploring Romania BLOG
It keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the exploringromania.com website. Just right click on left hand orange buttons to subscribe.
- CHRISTMAS IN ROMANIA
You'll find a long row of holidays, each one with its meaning, traditions and superstitions.
- Saint Nicholas Day (Niculas Day)
- My childhood memories about Ignat Day
- Ignat Day's customs and superstitions
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Eve customs and superstitions
- Christmas Day (Craciunul)
- New Year Eve
- Saint Basil's Day (Sanvasiu)
- Epiphany Day (Boboteaza)
- Saint John's Day (Santion)
- Carols' trail (Colindul)
- Drummers' band (Dubasii)
- The Star (Steaua)
- The goat (Capra)
- The bear (Ursul)
- The plough (Plugul)
- Nativity Drama (Irozii, Vicleimul)
- ROMANIAN FOOD
Generally is a simple food but very tasty. Foreigners say it's delicious. Romanians say you can ling your fingers.
- COUNT DRACULA
Searching Count Dracula's traces on Romanian land.
- Bram Stoker's Count Dracula
- True or false about the real Dracula
- Vlad Dracul - the name and its legacy
- Vlad Dracula's religion
- Dracula's castle
- The Impaler death
- The tomb of Dracula
- Horror of Dracula
- Punishments with Vlad Tepes
- History of Dracula on short
- Easter European history of 14th-15th centuries
- The young Vlad Dracula childhood
- Young Dracula's efforts to obtain Wallachian throne
- The second rule of Vlad the Impaler - Part 1
- The second rule of Vlad the Impaler - Part 2
- The second rule of Vlad the Impaler - Part 3
- The second rule of Vlad the Impaler - Part 4
- The end of Vlad III Dracula
- Vlad Tepes Dracula's internal policy
- Vlad III Dracula's external policy
- TRANSYLVANIA... history and breathtaking landscapes...
Even it's a well known Romanian province you can find here hidden things you have never heard about. The mix nature-history-culture-tradition is easy reliable. This place is full of interesting destinations.
- MOLDAVIA... sweet and mild
Famous for its monasteries and its wine it also has great and unique natural reservations but witch are, yet, less known. And medieval fortresses, too. It's also the childhood cradle of many Romanian personalities.
- WALLACHIA... just a large, boring field?
Unfairly almost unknown, coquette monasteries, beautiful caves, the oldest European mountains, Romanian Brancovenesc style and Brancusi sculptures are waiting for your eye touch.
- DANUBE DELTA
A paradise of waters and exotic birds is waiting for your quiet boat to slide on its trails. A golden mine for fishers, wildlife watchers, photos catchers and hunters.
- NATIONAL AND NATURAL PARKS
Description, maps, lodging for all Romanian national and natural parks as well as other very interesting natural places:
- ROMANIAN SKI RESORTS
Cheapest form Europe? Crowded? How about access, facilities and surroundings places you should see?
- BIKING in ROMANIA
Dave's 2007 adventure
- Meet Dave
- The map of Dave's bicycle trip
- First report of Dave's trip
- Second report of Dave's trip
- Third report of Dave's trip
- Fourth report of Dave's trip
- Fifth report of Dave's trip
- Sixth report of Dave's trip
- Seventh report of Dave's trip
- Eighth report of Dave's trip
- Ninth report of Dave's trip
- FACTS ABOUT ROMANIA
What are the facts about Romania? Anything from geography and history to currency exchange and weather.
- History of Romania
- Romania geography
- Romanian language
- Romanian flag
- The old flag of Romania
- Romania facts for travellers
- FORMALITIES FOR ROMANIA TRAVELER
All you need to know about visa, customs, currency and currency exchange and vaccination.
- ROMANIA ARRIVAL
All opened doors to arrive in Romania (by plane, by train, by car).
- GETTING AROUND ROMANIA
Help to achieve your destination point in Romania.